Booker, Oglesby lead Clemson past Boston CollegeFeb 11, 2009 - 7:14 AM CHESTNUT HILL, Massachusetts (Ticker) -- Trevor Booker and Terrence Oglesby each scored 21 points to lead No. 11 Clemson to an 87-77 victory over Boston College on Tuesday.
Booker added 15 rebounds and Oglesby had five assists and hit six 3-pointers for the Tigers (20-3, 6-3 ACC).
Oglesby hit five of his 3-pointers in the second half when Clemson outscored Boston College, 52-38.
Rakim Sanders scored 23 points and Tyrese Rice added 17 for Boston College (18-8, 6-5), which has followed a five-game winning streak with two straight losses to ranked foes and hosts No. 5 Duke on Sunday.
Oglesby scored 18 of his points in the second half to help Clemson rally from a 39-35 deficit at the break.
"Obviously Oglesby was explosive," Clemson coach Oliver Purnell said.
His four-point play with just under 12 minutes to play gave Clemson the lead for good, 61-57.
K.C. Rivers scored 17 points and Raymond Sykes added 12 and nine rebounds for Clemson, which reached 20 wins for the third consecutive season.
The Tigers were coming off a loss to Florida State in a game they led by 19 in the second half. The Eagles lost at Wake Forest on Sunday and had a similar second-half meltdown Tuesday.
Boston College was outscored 47-29 by Wake in the second half of a 93-76 loss. The Eagles allowed 52 second-half points to the Tigers and did not hit a 3-pointer after the break.
Clemson was able to withstand any rally Boston College could put together. Rice scored eight straight points for the Eagles and helped pull them within 75-71 with 5:50 to go, but the Tigers had the answer.
"We talked long and hard about two things (at halftime), keeping them off the glass and more effort" Purnell said. "These guys just continue to listen and respond."
Booker scored four straight point to put the lead back up to eight. Oglesby essentially nailed it down with his final 3-pointer with 1:22 to play, making it 84-75.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CLEMSON (11) 35 52 87
BOSTON COLLEGE 39 38 77 FINAL
Feb 10 11:05 PM
- NCAA BB
(11) CLEMSON 35
BOSTON COLLEGE 39 HALFTIME
Feb 10 9:53 PM
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Clemson picks up Texas A&M transfer in Elijah Thomas Jan 7
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Coach: Clemson reserve guard Austin Ajukwa transferring Nov 3
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Clemson Preview Capsule Oct 26
- On The Road: Clemson spending all season away from home Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11