Moore leads Washington State past UC Davis 64-54Nov 16, 2009 - 1:10 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- True freshmen Kiki Moore scored a career high 17 points as Washington State beat UC Davis 64-54 on Sunday.
April Cook scored 14 and had two steals for Washington State (1-0).
UC Davis (1-1) was led by Paige Minton, who scored 19 points and went 6 of 7 from the line.
After being down 18 with just under eight minutes to play in the half, Washington State outscored the Aggies 20-6 to take a 37-31 lead into halftime.
Washington State held the Aggies scoreless for the first seven minutes of the second half. The Aggies missed their first 11 shots before Lauren Juric hit a three pointer with 13:01 left in the game to make the score 43-34.
After being down by as many as 12 in the second half, the Aggies cut the lead to 6 with just under three minutes to play, but couldn't handle the pressure by the Couger defense and committed a few late turnovers.
- Karaitiana leads Hawaii women by UC Davis for Big West title Mar 12
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- Payton leads Oregon State past Washington State 69-49 Feb 28
- Crozon, Rodriguez lead Utah women over Washington St 75-69 Feb 27
- Cooks lifts Washington State women over Arizona 62-61 Feb 21
- Brunner, No. 9 Arizona State cruise past Washingtom Feb 19
- No. 14 UCLA women pull away from Washington State 73-61 Feb 13
- Hamblin, Weise lead No. 9 Oregon State women past WSU, 54-45 Feb 7
- No. 16 Stanford pulls away from Washington State 69-52 Jan 31
- No. 17 UCLA women hold off Washington State 75-73 Jan 17
- Washington State women beat No. 25 Southern Cal 73-61 Jan 16
- No. 14 Arizona State women defeat Washington State 63-45 Jan 10