Monroe, No. 13 Seminoles beat Georgia State 66-53Nov 22, 2009 - 9:14 PM ATLANTA(AP) -- Jacinta Monroe scored 14 points before twisting her left knee midway through the second half, and No. 13 Florida State beat Georgia State 66-53 on Sunday.
Alysha Harvin scored 13 points, all in the second half, and also grabbed a team-best seven rebounds for the Seminoles (4-0), who were playing their third game in six days. Florida State pulled away after having its lead cut to five points with 11 minutes left.
Danyiell McKellar scored 21 points for Georgia State (1-1) before fouling out with 2:35 left. Crystal Johnson also fouled out for the Panthers, who got 10 points from Brittany Graham.
Going 5 for 10 from behind the 3-point arc, Florida State led by as many as 19 in the first half before settling for a 32-17 edge at intermission. Monroe had eight points in the half.
Georgia State, which shot just 24 percent in the first half, played without key players Jylisa Williams and Traci Haltiwanger because of undisclosed violations of team rules.
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28