No. 12 Florida State beats Alcorn State 78-50Dec 7, 2009 - 12:18 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Jacinta Monroe scored 14 points to lead No. 12 Florida State to a 78-50 victory over Alcorn State on Sunday.
The Seminoles (8-0) held the Braves (0-5) to 27.3 percent shooting from the field and blocked eight shots, including five by Monroe.
Alcorn State stayed close early, but Florida State outscored the Braves 17-6 over a 6:22 span in the first half to pull away. The Seminoles held Alcorn State scoreless for the games final 5:51.
The Braves hit just seven of 34 shots in the second half, including three of 17 3-point attempts.
Angel Gray and Courtney Ward both added 10 points for the Seminoles, who had seven players score at least eight points.
Carolinsia Crumbly of Alcorn State had 16 points and was 4 of 7 from 3-point range.
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28