No. 23 Kansas pulls away from Creighton, 77-56Dec 13, 2009 - 10:20 PM LAWRENCE, Kan.(AP) -- Angel Goodrich scored a career-high 20 points, Danielle McCray added 18 and No. 23 Kansas held off a second-half surge from Creighton for a 77-56 victory Sunday.
In a game where Kansas struggled offensively, Goodrich turned in her best performance of the season. She had eight assists and three steals that led to easy layups.
Kansas used a strong first half, especially defensively, to build a 43-25 lead.
But Creighton managed to cut the lead to eight in the second half in large part to hot shooting to open the half.
Kellie Nelson scored 14 points for Creighton while Sam Schuett added 11.
The Jayhawks used a 14-0 run to pull away and defeat Creighton for the sixth consecutive time.
- St. John's women beat Creighton for trip to NCAA tourney Mar 8
- Rodrigo scores 13, leads No. 6 Texas past Kansas 66-50 Mar 6
- Kansas stuns TCU 81-64 to snap 20-game losing streak Mar 5
- No. 22 Oklahoma State women beat Kansas 71-49 Feb 24
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- No. 20 Oklahoma women top Kansas 72-66 Feb 20
- No. 4 Baylor women win 10th straight, 81-49 over Kansas Feb 6
- Boyette leads No. 6 Texas past Kansas 70-46 Jan 27
- Podkowa, January lead No. 24 DePaul women by Creighton 81-63 Jan 22
- Imani Boyette scores 15, No. 4 Texas beats Kansas 75-38 Jan 13
- Davis helps No. 6 Baylor women rout Kansas 58-40 Jan 6
- No. 18 Oklahoma women beat Kansas 67-44 in a Big 12 opener Dec 30