No. 24 Nebraska routs Northern Illinois 69-44Dec 13, 2009 - 10:26 PM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Dominique Kelley scored 14 points and Cory Montgomery added 13, and No. 24 Nebraska beat Northern Illinois 69-44 on Sunday for its school-record 10th straight win and the best start in program history.
Kelley scored half her points in the opening 5 minutes, and Yvonne Turner's 3-pointer with 9:01 left in the first half gave Nebraska (10-0) a double-digit lead it never relinquished.
Northern Illinois (3-6), down 34-17 at halftime, missed its first seven shots of the second half and shot 25 percent for the game. Nebraska's largest lead was 30 points.
Kelsey Griffin had nine points and 11 rebounds for Nebraska.
Marke Freeman and Ebony Ellis had 11 points each for Northern Illinois.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 44
NEBRASKA (24) 69 FINAL
Dec 13 4:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 17
NEBRASKA (24) 34 HALFTIME
Dec 13 3:51 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- Hart scores 18, No. 5 Ohio State routs Nebraska 96-70 Feb 18
- Nebraska women take down No. 17 Michigan State 73-66 Feb 14
- Huskers' Shepard dominant freshman, and only getting better Jan 26
- No. 8 Maryland women rout Nebraska 89-50 Jan 7