No. 12 Xavier beats Mississippi St 81-60Dec 20, 2009 - 9:45 PM CINCINNATI(AP) -- Amber Harris had 18 points to lead No. 12 Xavier to an 81-60 victory over Mississippi State.
The Musketeers (8-2) were coming off back-to-back losses to Michigan State and Michigan. Xavier used a late first-half run to take control Sunday.
April Phillips added 16 points and Ta'Shia Phillips had her sixth double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Harris also had six rebounds, helping Xavier dominate the boards 43-25.
Mary Kathryn Govero had 15 points for Mississippi State (8-4). Tysheka Grimes and Alexis Rack added 13 apiece.
Xavier went on an 18-5 run at the end of the first half for a 41-31 lead. The Musketeers scored the first seven points in the second half and were never in trouble again. The Musketeers shot 49 percent from the field and went 20 of 22 on free throws.
- UConn advances with record rout, beats Miss State 98-38 Mar 26
- Mississippi St.-UConn Preview Mar 26
- Mississippi State set to take on top-seed UConn Mar 26
- No. 5 Mississippi St beats No. 4 Michigan State 74-72 Mar 20
- Michigan St.-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 19
- Michigan State's offense to get a test vs. Mississippi State Mar 19
- Mississippi State tops Chattanooga 60-50 Mar 18
- Chattanooga-Mississippi St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 3 South Carolina tops Mississippi St for 2nd SEC title Mar 6
- Vivians, No. 16 Mississippi State women top Tennessee 58-48 Mar 5
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- No. 16 Mississippi State women turn back Alabama 61-52 Feb 28