No. 7 N. Carolina tops Kennesaw St 89-44Dec 29, 2009 - 11:16 PM CHAPEL HILL, N.C.(AP) -- Italee Lucas scored 16 points and Waltiea Rolle added 13 as No. 7 North Carolina cruised to an 89-44 win over Kennesaw State on Tuesday.
The game was the first for the Tar Heels (10-1) in renovated Carmichael Auditorium since the end of the 2007-08 season. North Carolina had played the previous 26 home games at the Smith Center, home of the Tar Heels mens team.
Trinity Bursey added 11 points and Cierra Robertson-Warren 10 for North Carolina. Tamasha Bolden paced the Owls (4-7) with 12 points and Gia Lockett added 11.
The Tar Heels, who led 45-21 at the half, outrebounded the Owls 60-28.
Kennesaw State guard DeAndrea Bullock injured her ankle four minutes into the game and did not return.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KENNESAW ST 44
NORTH CAROLINA (7) 89 FINAL
Dec 29 3:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
KENNESAW ST 21
NORTH CAROLINA (7) 45 HALFTIME
Dec 29 2:55 PM
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- Hatchell to sit 2 games for referee contact, NCAA violation Jan 29
- No. 21 Miami women beat UNC 76-61 for Katie Meier's 200th Jan 17
- Ogunbowale scores 16, No. 3 Notre Dame beats UNC 88-54 Jan 10
- No. 15 Northwestern women defeat North Carolina 85-72 Dec 2
- Gardner-Webb shocks No. 22 North Carolina women 66-65 Nov 13
- Late layup lifts South Carolina over Heels Mar 28
- UNC advances past Buckeyes on buzzer beater Mar 23
- Tar Heels get past Liberty on their home floor Mar 21
- UNC's Hatchell resumes coaching duties May 5