Foster gets 700th win as Buckeyes roll 86-60Dec 31, 2009 - 11:34 PM EVANSTON, Ill.(AP) -- Ohio State coach Jim Foster earned his 700th career victory as the Buckeyes surged to an 86-60 win over Northwestern on Thursday.
Sarah Schulze and Samantha Prahalis each scored 16 points, helping Ohio State (15-1, 3-0) take over sole possession of the Big Ten lead with its seventh straight win.
The Buckeyes used a 28-3 run in a 7:34 span starting late in the first half and opened a 53-20 lead with 17:16 to play and led by as many as 41 points later in the half.
Jantel Lavender had 14 points and nine rebounds for Ohio State while Tayler Hill added 12 points.
Dannielle Diamant scored a game-high 20 points for the Wildcats (11-3, 2-1), who had shared the Big Ten lead with the Buckeyes. Amy Jaeschke had 13 points and two rebounds and topped 500 rebounds for her career.
Ohio State, which came in averaging 84.5 points per game, shot 52.2 percent (35 of 67) from the field and 50 percent (9 of 18) on 3-pointers. Northwestern shot just 37.9 percent (22 of 58) from the field but outrebounded the Buckeyes 37-35.
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Coffey, Northwestern women upset Indiana in Big Ten Mar 4