No. 18 Wisc-Green Bay rolls over Youngstown St.Jan 5, 2010 - 1:53 AM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio(AP) -- Kayla Tetschlag scored 17 points for No. 18 Wisconsin-Green Bay, which overcame a sluggish first half, to defeat Youngstown State 76-60 on Monday night.
The Phoenix (13-0, 2-0 Horizon League) trailed 28-22 before closing the first half with a 16-0 run, highlighted by consecutive 3-pointers by Julie Wojta and Celeste Hoewisch in a 6-second span. The Phoenix had six steals and forced nine turnovers during the spurt.
Hoewisch and Heather Golden scored 13 apiece for Wisconsin-Green Bay, which finished with 14 steals in its 31st straight regular-season win. The Phoenix are 42-4 over the last two seasons and are seeking its 33rd consecutive winning season. That trails only Tennessee and Louisiana Tech, each with 36.
Brandi Brown scored 16 points and Rachael Manuel had 14 points to lead the Penguins (0-13, 0-2), who dropped to 1-32 since Dec. 30, 2008.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (18) 76
YOUNGSTOWN ST 60 FINAL
Jan 4 8:47 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (18) 38
YOUNGSTOWN ST 28 HALFTIME
Jan 4 7:53 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10
- Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright State Feb 11
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9