Nebraska remains unbeaten with win over Iowa StateJan 10, 2010 - 3:22 AM AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Yvonne Turner scored 14 points and No. 12 Nebraska remained unbeaten with a 57-49 win over Iowa State on Saturday night in the Big 12 opener for both teams.
Kelsey Griffin added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Cornhuskers (14-0).
Iowa State held Nebraska scoreless for the first five minutes of the second half before Dominique Kelly hit three baskets to get the Cornhuskers to within 36-35 with 11:57 to go in the game. She finished with 11 points.
Nebraska then went on a 8-1 run over the next 4 minutes to take a 43-37 advantage and led the rest of the way.
Alison Lacey scored 23 points to lead the Cyclones (12-2).
Nebraska is one of five undefeated teams left, joining Connecticut, Notre Dame, Georgia, and Wisconsin-Green Bay.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NEBRASKA (12) 57
IOWA ST 49 FINAL
Jan 9 9:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
NEBRASKA (12) 29
IOWA ST 27 HALFTIME
Jan 9 8:44 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3