Ardossi helps No. 21 Georgia Tech beats ClemsonJan 12, 2010 - 2:20 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Brigitte Ardossi scored 19 points and Mo Bennett added 15 as No. 21 Georgia Tech bounced back from a loss in its ACC opener at North Carolina with a 72-58 win over Clemson on Monday night.
Georgia Tech (14-3, 1-1 ACC) is 7-0 at home this season. The Yellow Jackets had a 48-33 edge on the boards, with Bennett getting nine rebounds and Ardossi grabbing eight.
Lindsay Mason scored 14 points and Shaniqua Pauldo added 11 for Clemson (9-9, 0-2). Lele Hardy also had 11, but was 4-for-18 from the field.
The Yellow Jackets took command with a 14-2 run to start the second half, pushing their lead to 49-31. Ardossi and Bennett each had five points during the spree and Deja Foster, who had seven rebounds and six assists, scored the other four.
Georgia Tech made its first five shots and took a 17-6 lead. But the Yellow Jackets went cold and Clemson pulled within two points before Georgia Tech went up 35-29 at halftime.
The loss at North Carolina last Wednesday snapped an eight-game winning streak by Georgia Tech, which fell behind 50-26 at halftime before rallying to make the final score 89-78.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH (21) 72 FINAL
Jan 11 9:08 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH (21) 35 HALFTIME
Jan 11 7:57 PM
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- Thomas, Bingley lead No. 10 Florida State past Clemson Feb 7
- Turner, Allen lead No. 3 Notre Dame past Georgia Tech Jan 28
- No. 14 Louisville women roll past Clemson 75-33 Jan 28
- No. 16 Florida State coasts to 85-40 win over Clemson Jan 14
- No. 19 Florida State women hold on against Georgia Tech Jan 10
- Cable leads No. 3 Notre Dame for McGraw's at 799th win Dec 30
- Mitchell leads No. 2 South Carolina to 67-41 win at Clemson Nov 18