Arizona defeats Oregon, 119-112Jan 17, 2010 - 12:26 AM TUCSON, Ariz.(AP) -- Davellyn Whyte had a record-breaking 39 points as Arizona went on to defeat Oregon 119-112 in Pacific-10 Conference play on Saturday.
Whyte was 5 of 6 from beyond the arc and 12 of 17 from the field as she set the single-game scoring record for Arizona. Ify Ibekwe scored 32 points, had 14 rebounds and a game-high seven assists.
As a team the Wildcats (9-7, 3-3) shot 62.3 percent from the field (43 of 69) as they set a program record for most points in a game.
The Ducks (12-5, 3-2) were led by Nicole Canepa's 38 points. She was 14 of 18 from the field. Kristi Fallin was 4 of 6 from 3 with 18 points. Amanda Johnson grabbed 13 rebounds to go along with her 17 points.
The two teams combined for the most points ever in a Pac-10 game (231), Arizona set a record for most points in a Pac-10 game and Oregon set a Pac-10 record for most points by a losing team.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA 119 FINAL
Jan 16 6:21 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA 56 HALFTIME
Jan 16 5:01 PM
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Jones leads Arizona women past Oregon 74-68 in Pac-12 Mar 3
- Arizona splits with women's basketball coach Niya Butts Mar 1
- McCall leads No. 13 Stanford women past Oregon 69-42 Feb 28
- ACL injury ends season for Oregon star Jillian Alleyne Feb 26
- Cooks lifts Washington State women over Arizona 62-61 Feb 21
- Fields, Canada lift No. 12 UCLA women past Oregon 77-72 Feb 19
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Arizona 82-58 Feb 13
- Oregon women score 35 in 4th, beat No. 24 Washington 75-63 Feb 7
- No. 14 UCLA women ease by Arizona 73-39 Feb 7
- No. 8 Arizona St women win 15th in row, beat Oregon Jan 30