No. 19 Georgetown beats Cincinnati 60-56Jan 20, 2010 - 1:56 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Monica McNutt scored a career-high 26 points in the second half Tuesday night, and No. 19 Georgetown pulled away to a 60-56 victory over Cincinnati for its 15th straight win, extending its school record.
The Hoyas (16-2, 5-0 Big East) played with the highest ranking in school history. McNutt, a junior guard, kept the winning streak intact by going 8 of 12 from behind the arc. She scored 11 straight points in the second half after Cincinnati (8-9, 1-4) opened a seven-point lead.
Georgetown closed the game with a 9-4 run that included McNutt's final 3-pointer. Cincinnati's Kahla Roudebush had 18 points in the first half, helping the Bearcats take a 33-31 lead, and finished with 25.
Georgetown is still reviewing a pregame scuffle before a 60-54 win over Louisville on Saturday and expects to announce disciplinary actions later in the week.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGETOWN (19) 60
CINCINNATI 56 FINAL
Jan 19 8:44 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGETOWN (19) 31
CINCINNATI 33 HALFTIME
Jan 19 7:43 PM
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- Top-ranked UConn wins 62nd straight, 88-34 over Cincinnati Feb 17
- Williams leads No. 22 South Florida women past Cincinnati Feb 12
- Williams, No. 19 South Florida beat Cincinnati 82-49 Feb 3
- No. 1 UConn routs Cincinnati 107-45 Dec 30
- Cooper's 18 points lead No. 10 Ohio State over Cincinnati Dec 6
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63 Nov 27
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34 Nov 26
- Auriemma gets 900th win as UConn routs Cincy Feb 3
- Georgetown names Natasha Adair women's hoops coach Apr 14
- No. 1 UConn races past Cincy and into semis Mar 8
- No. 3 Louisville tops Cincinnati Mar 1