Rodgers' 18 leads No. 19 Hoyas over DePaul 74-65Jan 23, 2010 - 10:05 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Sugar Rodgers had 18 points and Jaleesa Butler added 17 to lead No. 19 Georgetown over DePaul 74-65 on Saturday.
Monica McNutt had 13 points for the Hoyas (17-2, 6-0 Big East), who have won 16 straight.
Georgetown used a 14-0 run to turn a 10-point deficit into a 19-15 advantage early in the first half. The Hoyas led 40-27 at the break.
In the second half, DePaul cut Georgetown's lead to 46-45 on a layup by Keisha Hampton with 13:17 to play. The Blue Demons missed three chances to take the lead, and the Hoyas used a 15-3 burst to take a 61-48 lead with 6:55 to play.
Hampton scored 21 to lead DePaul (13-7, 2-4).
The Hoyas played without two substitutes, sophomore forward Tia McBride and senior guard Kenya Kirkland, who were suspended for their roles in a pregame scuffle with Louisville on Jan. 16.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGETOWN (19) 74 FINAL
Jan 23 5:11 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGETOWN (19) 40 HALFTIME
Jan 23 3:49 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21