Iowa State upends Oklahoma 63-56Jan 28, 2010 - 4:21 AM AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Anna Prins and Kelsey Bolte each scored 15 points, leading No. 22 Iowa State to a 63-56 victory over No. 11 Oklahoma on Wednesday night for its second straight victory over a ranked opponent.
Alison Lacey added 12 for the Cyclones (16-3, 4-2 Big 12), who have won four consecutive games after an 0-2 start to the conference season.
Oklahoma (14-5, 4-2) cut a 12-point halftime deficit to 38-35 with 10 1/2 minutes to play and looked to be making a final push.
But Prins, who was 1 of 12 from the field in ISU's win over No. 19 Texas last Saturday, scored six straight points and put the Cyclones back in control. Bolte then had a scoring run of her own, including a 3-pointer from the corner that pushed the lead to 55-46 with 2:57 to play.
Nyeshia Stevenson led Oklahoma in scoring with 14 points. Amanda Thompson added 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OKLAHOMA (11) 56
IOWA ST (22) 63 FINAL
Jan 27 10:08 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1