Dunlap scores 24 in Kentucky's win over No. 18 LSUJan 29, 2010 - 3:47 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Victoria Dunlap had 24 points and nine rebounds, leading Kentucky over 18th-ranked LSU 71-62 on Thursday night.
The victory ended the Wildcats' 16-game losing streak against the Lady Tigers. Kentucky's last victory against LSU came in the 1999 SEC tournament.
Trailing by three points with 8 minutes remaining, the Wildcats scored 11 consecutive points. Amani Franklin's field goal started the run. Two free throws by A'dia Mathies gave Kentucky the lead at 58-57.
Dunlap followed with a field goal and two foul shots. Mathies knocked down a 3-pointer to give the Wildcats a 65-57 advantage with 4:15 to go.
Crystal Riley scored a career-high 11 points and Amber Smith had 10 points for Kentucky (17-3, 5-2 SEC).
Allison Hightower was the leading scorer for LSU (14-5, 3-4) with 23 points, but she missed 20 of her 30 field goal attempts.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LSU (18) 62 FINAL
Jan 28 9:59 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LSU (18) 36 HALFTIME
Jan 28 8:56 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18