Robinson leads No. 11 Oklahoma over Texas TechJan 31, 2010 - 3:55 AM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- Danielle Robinson scored 26 points, including two free throws with 8.9 seconds left, to lead No. 11 Oklahoma to a 70-66 victory over Texas Tech on Saturday night.
Robinson was 10-for-10 from the free throw line for the Sooners (15-5, 5-2 Big 12), who beat Texas Tech for the 10th straight time. Nyeshia Stevenson added 17 points and Amanda Thompson had eight points and 13 rebounds.
Jordan Murphree scored 16 of her 28 points in the final 9 minutes to lead Texas Tech (13-7, 1-5).
The Sooners built a 10-point lead, but Murphree closed the gap, converting three-point plays down the stretch. She tied the game at 66 with 1:35 left.
Robinson broke the tie on Oklahoma's ensuing possession, hitting a turnaround jumpshot as she fell out of bounds on the baseline to give Oklahoma the lead.
Murphree had two chances to tie the game, but missed two jumpers. Texas Tech sophomore Kierra Mallard missed a short jumper inside the lane on an inbounds pass with 15 seconds left and Robinson sealed the game from the foul line.
After trailing Tech 35-32 to start the second half, Robinson and Oklahoma outscored the Lady Raiders 22-7 over the next seven minutes to build their largest lead of the game at 54-42. Stevenson scored nine of her 17 points during the run for Oklahoma.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OKLAHOMA (11) 70
TEXAS TECH 66 FINAL
Jan 30 10:11 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
OKLAHOMA (11) 32
TEXAS TECH 33 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:54 PM
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6
- No. 4 Baylor women roll past Texas Tech 82-51 Mar 5
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- Williams has 32 as No. 23 Oklahoma women roll Iowa St. 85-54 Feb 27
- No. 8 Texas wins 25th game, 76-55 over Texas Tech Feb 24