Hightower leads No. 18 LSU to rout of 'BamaJan 31, 2010 - 10:39 PM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- Allison Hightower poured in 29 points, and No. 18 LSU rolled to its 11th straight victory over Alabama, 78-41 on Sunday.
Hightower made a career high six 3-pointers, and her point total were the most in an SEC game for the senior guard. LaSondra Barrett added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Tigers (15-5, 4-4), while Adrienne Webb finished with 11 points.
"I felt good," Hightower said. "I was open, and I just shot the ball with confidence."
Courtney Jones and Barrett opened the game with field goals before Hightower scored 12 straight points. She had 19 in the first half en route to her sixth 20-point game of the season.
LSU scored the first 11 points and led 18-5 at the 13:13 mark, and took a 33-16 lead over Alabama (9-13, 1-8) into halftime.
Dedrea Magee led the Crimson Tide with 12 points. Tierney Jenkins, who came into the contest with an SEC-leading 9.7 rebounds a game, had seven points and seven rebounds.
"Our rebounding and team defense have been better than they have been in a month," said LSU coach Van Chancellor. "And we didn't have many turnovers.
"I thought Allison Hightower was outstanding today," he added. "She was the difference in the game today. She was a real special player."
The win snapped a two-game skid for LSU, which had lost four of its last five games.
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- No. 16 Mississippi State women turn back Alabama 61-52 Feb 28
- Alabama women end 42-game skid against Tennessee, 54-46 Feb 25
- Coates, No. 3 South Carolina rout Alabama 66-46 Feb 22
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4
- No. 19 Tennessee women roll to 70-42 victory over Alabama Jan 31
- Cunningham, No. 22 Missouri women beat LSU 52-46 Jan 28