No. 21 Georgia Tech outlasts Maryland 61-60Feb 6, 2010 - 12:10 AM COLLEGE PARK, Md.(AP) -- Alex Montgomery scored 20 points, including two free throws with 7 seconds left, and No. 21 Georgia Tech beat Maryland 61-60 on Friday after blowing a 17-point lead.
Brigitte Ardossi had 15 points and five steals for the Yellow Jackets (19-5, 5-3 Atlantic Coast Conference). Georgia Tech led 48-31 with 15:27 left before Maryland rallied.
The Terrapins (16-7, 3-5) took their only lead at 55-54 on a 3-pointer by Kim Rodgers with 4:50 to go. A jumper by Montgomery made it 57-55, but Lynetta Kizer tied it by making two foul shots with 31 seconds remaining.
After Montgomery's foul shots made it 61-59, Maryland's Anjale Barrett was fouled with 1 second left. She made the first but missed the second.
Barrett led Maryland with 14 points.
Georgia Tech scored the game's first six points and held first-half leads of 13-2 and 23-7.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH (21) 61
MARYLAND 60 FINAL
Feb 5 6:09 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEORGIA TECH (21) 37
MARYLAND 25 HALFTIME
Feb 5 4:56 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27