Griner gets second triple-double of careerFeb 7, 2010 - 5:41 AM WACO, Texas(AP) -- Brittney Griner had 24 points, 11 blocks, and 10 rebounds for her second triple-double and No. 15 Baylor routed Colorado 76-42 on Saturday night.
Griner's other triple-double came against Oral Roberts on Dec. 16. Morghan Medlock added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Bears (17-5, 4-4 Big 12).
Brittany Spears scored nine points and Chucky Jeffrey added 8 for Colorado (12-9, 2-6).
With Colorado leading 10-9, Baylor went on an 18-5 run led by Griner, who scored 10 points and blocked three shots, including two in a six-second span. Without leaving her feet, Griner blocked a shot attempt by Colorado's 6-4 Courtney Dunn and then grabbed the rebound.
Griner scored 13 in the first half and Baylor led 33-15 at the break. She has the only triple-doubles in school history.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18