No. 21 Zags beat Pepperdine 87-45 for 14th in rowFeb 21, 2010 - 12:06 AM SPOKANE, Wash.(AP) -- Courtney Vandersloot had 23 points and nine assists and No. 21 Gonzaga won its 14th straight game on Saturday, an 87-45 victory over Pepperdine.
Senior Vivian Friesen scored 16 points to eclipse 1,000 for her career and added 11 rebounds for the Bulldogs (23-4, 12-0 West Coast Conference), who clinched at least a share of the conference title for the sixth straight season.
Jazmine Jackson had 16 points for the Waves (17-9, 8-4), who snapped a five-game win streak.
Kelly Bowen hit a 3-pointer to start a 21-0 run that gave the Bulldogs a 33-10 lead with 5 minutes left in the first half. During that span, Pepperdine missed 13 straight shots and committed 10 turnovers. Gonzaga finished with 23 points off Pepperdine's 14 first-half turnovers and led 45-20 at the break.
Pepperdine never got closer than 23 the rest of the way.
The Waves' leading scorer, Miranda Ayim, was held without a point.
- Lady Vols capture thrilling OT win to advance Mar 28
- Bulldogs bowl over Beavers in Spokane Region Mar 22
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20
- Gonzaga names Fortier women's hoops coach Apr 15
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- Pepperdine tabs Weisenberg women's hoops coach Apr 23
- Cyclones blow by Gonzaga in first round Mar 23
- Kentucky pulls away from Pepperdine Dec 19
- No. 1 Stanford cruises past Gonzaga Dec 2
- Kentucky's hot shooting ends Gonzaga's run in the Sweet 16 Mar 25
- 11th-seeded Gonzaga continues improbable run to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- Gonzaga upsets sixth-seeded Rutgers Mar 17