No. 19 Gonzaga cruises past Santa Clara 83-52Feb 26, 2010 - 4:59 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Vivian Frieson scored 22 points and had seven rebounds as No. 19 Gonzaga cruised past Santa Clara 83-52 on Thursday night.
Courtney Vandersloot finished with 12 points and 14 assists for the Bulldogs (24-4, 13-0 West Coast Conference), who hit 12 of their first 14 shots in a game that was never in doubt. Frieson was 10 of 14 from the field.
Alyssa Shoji topped Santa Clara (3-25, 1-12) with 12 points.
While Santa Clara made just two of its first 12 shots and turned the ball over 13 times in the first 12 minutes, Gonzaga sped out to leads of 13-0 and 31-6.
Heather Bowman, Gonzaga's leading scorer and second-leading rebounder, didn't play due to a sprained ankle suffered in practice Wednesday. She's listed as day to day and could play Saturday against San Francisco.
Gonzaga led 47-17 at the half, and extended the margin to 40 at 79-39. The Bulldogs scored 33 points off 26 turnovers.
- Santa Clara hires Bill Carr as new women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58 Nov 24
- Lady Vols capture thrilling OT win to advance Mar 28
- Bulldogs bowl over Beavers in Spokane Region Mar 22
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20
- Gonzaga names Fortier women's hoops coach Apr 15
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- Cyclones blow by Gonzaga in first round Mar 23
- No. 1 Stanford cruises past Gonzaga Dec 2
- Kentucky's hot shooting ends Gonzaga's run in the Sweet 16 Mar 25
- 11th-seeded Gonzaga continues improbable run to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- Gonzaga upsets sixth-seeded Rutgers Mar 17