Smalley leads Auburn to win over No. 16 KentuckyFeb 28, 2010 - 10:19 PM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Alli Smalley led Auburn with 26 points in a 65-53 win against No. 16 Kentucky on Sunday, in the last game at Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum.
Auburn (14-15, 5-11 SEC) overcame 22 turnovers by getting to the foul line, where the Tigers went 15 of 18 against 3 of 5 for Kentucky.
Tigers senior Keke Carrier added 13 points while Jordan Greenleaf scored 10. Carrier also scored her 1,000th career point during senior night, the 26th Auburn player to reach that mark.
Kentucky (23-6, 11-5) cut the lead to 48-43 with 5:41 left in the game, but Auburn followed with an 8-0 run. The Tigers led by as many as 15 with 14:20 left in the game.
Adia Mathies led Kentucky with 20 points while Amber Smith had 17 points and four assists.
Both squads start the SEC tournament on March 4.
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19