Boston U. spoils No. 24 Vermont's return to pollJan 19, 2010 - 3:48 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Freshman Chantell Alford scored a season-high 28 points and Boston University ruined No. 24 Vermont's first appearance in the poll in 17 years, beating the Catamounts 73-64 on Monday night.
Freshman Caitlynn Moran added 20 points for the Terriers (9-8, 5-0 America East), who rallied from a 16-point deficit to win their 25th straight regular season conference game.
May Kotsopoulos scored 19 of her 20 points in the first half for Vermont (14-4, 4-1), which moved into the Top 25 on Monday for the first time since an 11-week stretch there in 1993.
Sophomore Caroline Stewart had nine points and a career-high 12 rebounds for the Terriers, who closed the first half on a 17-3 run to take a 39-37 lead.
Vermont tied the game at 49-49 with 9 minutes remaining, but Alford hit a 3-pointer 40 seconds later to put the Terriers ahead for good.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
VERMONT (24) 64
BOSTON UNIV 73 FINAL
Jan 18 8:51 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
VERMONT (24) 37
BOSTON UNIV 39 HALFTIME
Jan 18 7:50 PM
- Greenberg resigns as BU women's hoops coach Apr 23
- Vermont names McBride new women's basketball coach May 15
- Diggins scores 31, Notre Dame beats Vermont 84-66 Mar 23
- Vermont-Notre Dame Preview Mar 22
- Vermont wants more after 1st NCAA tournament win Mar 22
- Pilypaitis leads UVM to 64-55 win over Wisconsin Mar 21
- Vermont-Wisconsin Preview Mar 20
- Vermont upsets Hartford for America East title Mar 14
- No. 24 Hartford beats Vermont 61-51 Feb 27
- No. 24 Vermont defeats Stony Brook 67-45 Jan 24
- Seto's 22 lift No. 24 Vermont over UMBC 79-51 Jan 21