Seto's 22 lift No. 24 Vermont over UMBC 79-51Jan 21, 2010 - 7:22 PM CATONSVILLE, Md.(AP) -- Freshman Kendra Seto had career highs of 22 points and 12 rebounds, and Tonya Young added 21 points in No. 24 Vermont's 79-51 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County on Thursday.
May Kotsopoulas scored 15 points and Courtnay Pilypaitis had 12 for the Catamounts (15-4, 5-1 America East), who have won four of five. Young matched a career best with 10 rebounds.
Vermont beat UMBC (8-11, 2-4) for the fifth straight game and improved to 10-5 in the series.
Chelsea Barker led UMBC with 10 points. The Retrievers, who have lost three straight, were outrebounded 46-28 and shot 31 percent (15 for 49), their lowest mark against a conference opponent this season.
Young had 13 first-half points, helping the Catamounts to a 35-22 halftime lead. UMBC was 7 of 22 from the field in the half.
The Catamounts led by as many as 30 points late in the second half.
- Vermont names McBride new women's basketball coach May 15
- Diggins scores 31, Notre Dame beats Vermont 84-66 Mar 23
- Vermont-Notre Dame Preview Mar 22
- Vermont wants more after 1st NCAA tournament win Mar 22
- Pilypaitis leads UVM to 64-55 win over Wisconsin Mar 21
- Vermont-Wisconsin Preview Mar 20
- Vermont upsets Hartford for America East title Mar 14
- No. 24 Hartford beats Vermont 61-51 Feb 27
- No. 24 Vermont defeats Stony Brook 67-45 Jan 24
- Boston U. spoils No. 24 Vermont's return to poll Jan 18
- Griffin leads No. 12 Nebraska over Vermont, 94-50 Jan 4