Monroe, Deluzio help Florida State bounce backDec 22, 2009 - 4:03 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Jacinta Monroe scored 18 points and Alexa Deluzio added 17 points to help No. 12 Florida State bounce back from its first loss of the season and beat Hawaii 83-39 Monday night.
Florida State (11-1) won the third-place game of the Duel in the Desert tournament after losing to DePaul on Sunday night.
Deluzio made all four of her 3-pointers and the Seminoles shot 10 for 15 from long range.
Breanna Arbuckle led Hawaii (4-7) with nine points and nine rebounds.
Florida State's Alysha Harvin added 12 points and two blocked shots while Courtney Ward had 11 assists for the Seminoles.
The Seminoles held Hawaii scoreless for the first six and a half minutes of the second half. Allie Patterson's jumper ended the drought with 13:31 to play, but Florida State was still up 50-26.
Florida State outrebounded the Rainbow Wahine 50-36.
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18