Griner, No. 1 Baylor beat Iowa StateJan 8, 2011 - 7:41 PM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored a game-high 25 points and Odyssey Sims added 15 points and eight rebounds to help top-ranked Baylor fend off No. 17 Iowa State, 70-58, at Ferrell Center.
Destiny Williams supplied 11 points and five boards for the Lady Bears (14-1, 1-0 Big 12), who have won 11 straight games.
The hosts held Iowa State to 39.6 percent shooting from the field, marking the 153rd straight game that their opponents have failed to make half their shots.
Kelsey Bolte scored 21 points while Anna Prins contributed 15 points and six rebounds for the Cyclones (12-3, 0-1), who had a six-game win streak halted.
The Bears seized control right from the start, ripping off the game's first 16 points before Iowa State finally got on the board on a Lauren Mansfied jumper with just over 12 minutes remaining in the half.
Iowa State closed to within 29-22 before Terran Condrey hit a three-pointer and a layup to push the Lady Bears' margin to 12 at halftime.
A Bolte three trimmed the deficit to 43-34 before Sims drained a pair of triples in the midst of a 12-0 burst as the Lady Bears re-established control.
Baylor was never seriously threatened the rest of the way in winning for a 12th straight game at home.
- IOWA STATE: 58
Jan 8 1:56 PM
- IOWA STATE: 22
Jan 8 12:49 PM
- IOWA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 8 12:07 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19