No. 6 Texas A&M edges No. 13 OklahomaJan 27, 2011 - 4:38 AM Norman, OK (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams dropped 31 points and grabbed five rebounds as No. 6 Texas A&M slipped past No. 13 Oklahoma, 80-78.
Tyra White scored 14 points and eight boards for the Aggies (18-1, 6-0 Big 12), who have won 12 straight games. Sydney Carter chipped in with 12 points.
Danielle Robinson had a game-best 33 points for the Sooners (15-4, 5-1), who had a five-game win streak halted. Whitney Hand scored 17 points, while Aaryn Ellenberg added 13 points in the loss.
Carter hit a layup with 1:15 left to knot the game 78-78, and it wasn't until Adams was fouled with eight ticks left and hit both shots to put the Aggies up for good.
Oklahoma was unable to get a shot off during the final possession to preserve the win for the visitors.
Texas A&M did see a 17-point lead at the 2:52 mark of the first half and it went on to hold to a 47-34 lead at the break.
- TEXAS A&M: 80
Jan 26 10:11 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 47
Jan 26 8:58 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 26 8:09 PM
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6