No. 8 Notre Dame hammers SyracuseFeb 2, 2011 - 2:59 AM South Bend, IN (Sports Network) - Devereaux Peters led a balanced attack with 15 points and 11 rebounds, as No. 8 Notre Dame cruised past Syracuse, 71-48, in Big East action.
Natalie Achonwa and Natalie Novosel each contributed 13 points, while Becca Bruszewski chipped in with 12 points and seven boards for Notre Dame (19-4, 8-1 Big East), which earned a 58-43 victory at Villanova on Saturday and have won six straight.
Kayla Alexander led all scorers with 19 points for Syracuse (16-5, 4-4), which had a three-game winning streak snapped.
Notre Dame led 34-20 at the half and extended its advantage to 24 after Skylar Diggins' fastbreak layup put the Irish up 48-24 nearly five minutes into the second. The hosts held a comfortable double-digit edge throughout and cruised to the easy win.
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse May 17
- Syracuse defense cracks under UConn onslaught in title game Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Syracuse hoping for big payoff from run to championship game Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Syracuse women reach new heights under Coach Q Mar 31
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26