Stanford matches record in rout of ArizonaFeb 6, 2011 - 12:43 AM Tucson, AZ (Sports Network) - Jeanette Pohlen had 17 points and eight assists as No. 4 Stanford crushed Arizona, 91-61, to match its own conference record with its 48th straight win in the Pac-10.
Lindy La Rocque and Kayla Pedersen each had 14 points as the Cardinal (20-2, 11-0 Pac-10) tied the mark they set from Feb. 9, 1995 through Jan. 12, 1998. Nnemkadi Ogwumike added 13 points and 14 rebounds.
Stanford's last loss in the conference came on Jan. 18, 2009 against California.
Ify Ibekwe scored 19 points for the Wildcats (13-9, 4-7), who have dropped their past four games and 19 straight against Stanford.
The Cardinal led from start to finish as the team scored the first 11 points of the contest.
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18