Baylor beats up on Big-12 rival TexasFeb 12, 2011 - 9:50 PM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner poured in a game-high 29 points, hauled in 12 rebounds and blocked seven shots to lead top-ranked Baylor to an easy 96-68 triumph over Texas at the Ferrell Center.
Griner was exceedingly efficient, hitting 9-of-11 from the floor and all 11 of her foul shots in leading the Lady Bears (23-1, 10-0 Big 12) to a 20th consecutive victory.
Odyssey Sims chipped in with 15 points and six assists while Melissa Jones supplied 14 points and 10 boards for Baylor, which last won 20 straight games in the same season during the 2004-05 campaign.
Ashleigh Fontenette scored 23 points and pulled down six rebounds while Chassidy Fussell added 11 points for the Longhorns (16-8, 5-5), who had a five-game win streak snapped.
Baylor seized control with a 19-2 run to take a 31-14 lead with 7:43 remaining in the first half. The Lady Bears led 50-22 at the break as the visitors shot a miserable 22.5 percent (9-for-40) in the first 20 minutes.
Griner was removed for the final 10 minutes of the contest as the Lady Bears were never threatened in the second half.
- TEXAS: 68
Feb 12 3:30 PM
- TEXAS: 22
Feb 12 2:23 PM
- TEXAS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 12 1:37 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25