Stricklen guides Tennessee over VandyFeb 14, 2011 - 2:41 AM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Shekinna Stricklen scored 14 points and added nine rebounds as No. 4 Tennessee rallied from a poor first half to take a 65-57 win over Vanderbilt.
Lauren Avant had 11 points and Glory Johnson added 10 points and 11 boards for the Lady Vols (24-2, 12-0 SEC), who have won 15 straight.
Jence Rhoads had 15 points and Stephanie Holzer added 10 points and six rebounds for the Commodores (17-8, 8-4), who had a four-game winning streak stopped.
After shooting just 20 percent and scoring 15 points in the first half, the Lady Vols came back with a 50-point second half thanks to 51.5 percent shooting.
- TENNESSEE: 65
Feb 13 8:10 PM
- TENNESSEE: 15
Feb 13 7:21 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 13 6:04 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23