No. 2 Connecticut cruises past No. 14 OklahomaFeb 15, 2011 - 3:57 AM Connecticut earned an easy 86-45 decision over 14th-ranked Oklahoma.
Stefanie Dolson chipped in with 15 points and nine boards for Connecticut (25-1), which has won 13 straight since dropping a 71-59 decision at Stanford on December 30. Tiffany Hayes ended with 13 points, seven rebounds and five assists, while Bria Hartley netted 11 points for the victors.
Moore became the Big East's all-time leading scorer, surpassing former Louisville standout Angel McCoughtry's record of 2,779 career points. Moore now has 2,796 in 142 career games.
Danielle Robinson had a team-best 14 points for Oklahoma (18-7), which has lost three of its last five. Nicole Griffin had 10 points and seven rebounds in defeat.
Connecticut used a 29-4 run to take a commanding 35-8 lead with 5:39 left in the first half and had a healthy 46-18 advantage at the intermission.
The second half was no different then the first as the hosts held a comfortable double-digit lead throughout.
- OKLAHOMA: 45
Feb 14 8:47 PM
- OKLAHOMA: 18
Feb 14 7:47 PM
- OKLAHOMA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 14 7:03 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2