No. 1 Lady Bears fall to Texas TechFeb 19, 2011 - 9:34 PM Lubbock, TX (Sports Network) - Casey Morris scored 13 points and grabbed six rebounds, as the Texas Tech Lady Raiders upset the top-ranked Baylor Lady Bears, 56-45.
Monique Smalls added 11 points and seven boards for the Lady Raiders (19-7, 6-6 Big 12), who had lost their previous 10 meetings with Baylor. Kierra Mallard donated 10 points and eight rebounds.
Brittney Griner finished with 15 points and six rebounds for the Lady Bears (24-2, 11-1), who had a 21-game winning streak snapped.
Texas Tech used a late run in the first half to begin to pull away. Holding a 22-21 edge with 3:47 remaining, the home team scored the final six points of the half. Smalls tallied four points during the surge, including a free throw to make it 28-21 at the break.
Ahead by seven, 40-33, with 11:41 to play, Texas Tech used a 12-4 run to essentially put the game out of reach. Mallard capped the burst with a pair of jumpers to make it a 52-37 contest with 5 1/2 minutes remaining.
Baylor responded with six straight points to pull within nine, but that was as close as the Lady Bears got.
Baylor made just 25.9 percent of its shots.
- BAYLOR: 45
TEXAS TECH: 56
Feb 19 3:36 PM
- BAYLOR: 21
TEXAS TECH: 28
Feb 19 2:27 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
TEXAS TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 19 1:40 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17