Balanced attack helps DePaul down GeorgetownFeb 21, 2011 - 1:17 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Sam Quigley logged 14 points and five other DePaul players also scored in double digits, as the No. 10 Blue Demons dumped 18th-ranked Georgetown, 82-57.
Katherine Harry had 10 points and 12 rebounds for DePaul (25-3, 12-1 Big East), winners of four straight overall and 18 in a row at home. Anna Martin, Keisha Hampton, Taylor Pikes and Deirdre Naughton all finished with 12 points in the lopsided win.
Sugar Rodgers scored 20 points and Tia Magee netted 12 for the Hoyas (20-7, 8-5), who were coming off an overtime loss at St. John's last Saturday.
The Blue Demons embarked on a 16-0 run in the first half to take control and led 37-24 at the break. They kept their foot on the gas in the final 20 minutes, hitting 66.7 percent of their shots to win going away.
- GEORGETOWN: 57
Feb 20 7:26 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 24
Feb 20 6:19 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 20 5:38 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21