No. 5 Texas A&M fends off late Texas rallyFeb 27, 2011 - 11:03 PM Austin, TX (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams scored a game-best 26 points to go along with 11 rebounds as No. 5 Texas A&M fended off a late Texas rally to win, 68-65.
Tyra White notched 14 points and six rebounds for the Aggies (24-3, 12-2 Big 12), who have won three straight. Sydney Carter added 10 points and five boards in the win.
Yvonne Anderson tallied a career-high 24 points and seven rebounds for the Longhorns (17-11, 6-8), who have dropped three straight and four of their last five games. Kathleen Nash had 16 points and 10 boards, while Ashleigh Fontenette chipped in 14 points and seven caroms.
The Aggies looked to have control with a 32-17 lead at the break, but Texas rallied in the second to score 48 points. With 16 ticks left, Adams hit two important free throws making it 66-59. The Longhorns drained two desperation three-pointers the rest of the way, but the game was already out of reach.
- TEXAS A&M: 68
Feb 27 5:09 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 32
Feb 27 3:57 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 27 3:09 PM
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20