No. 3 Baylor pulls out win against OklahomaFeb 28, 2011 - 1:51 AM Baylor held off No. 16 Oklahoma, 82-81, at Lloyd Noble Center.
Brittney Griner gave the Lady Bears an 80-79 lead with a pair from the line with 1:05 left. After the Sooners' Danielle Robinson drove for a lefty layup with about 16 seconds left, Sims sank a floater in the lane with eight ticks to go. Robinson then drove for another layup, but the ball stalled on the rim and eventually fell off the front end, giving Baylor the one-point victory.
Griner posted 21 points with five rebounds and two blocks. Kimetria Hayden added nine points and six assists for Baylor (26-2, 13-1 Big 12), which has won two straight since falling to Texas Tech on February 19.
Aaryn Ellenberg and Robinson both finished with 25 points for the Sooners (19-9, 9-5), who have dropped two straight and three of four overall. Oklahoma lost both matchups with Baylor this season.
The Lady Bears took a 42-36 lead into the locker room, but the Sooners shot 15-of-26 in the second half to come back and move in front. They held a 79-76 lead after Ellenberg sank a jumper with about 2 1/2 minutes left.
- BAYLOR: 82
Feb 27 7:13 PM
- BAYLOR: 42
Feb 27 5:53 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 27 5:02 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19