Adams paces Texas A&M in rout of NebraskaMar 6, 2011 - 3:32 AM College Station, TX (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams had 23 points and eight rebounds, as fifth-ranked Texas A&M pounded Nebraska, 84-49, in the final regular season game for both teams.
Sydney Carter and Adaora Elonu both added 14 points, while Sydney Colson totaled 15 assists for the Aggies (25-4, 13-3 Big 12), who bounced back from a loss at Kansas State on Wednesday.
Lindsey Moore had 13 points and 10 assists, but also committed 11 of her team's 18 turnovers, as Nebraska (13-17, 3-13) lost nine of its final 10 games of the season.
The big difference Saturday night was the second half, as Nebraska shot just 8-of-27 from the field, compared to 18-of-32 for the Aggies. Jordan Hooper started the second half with a jumper to get the visitors within 35-33, but Texas A&M ran off the ensuing 14 points.
- NEBRASKA: 49
TEXAS A&M: 84
Mar 5 9:51 PM
- NEBRASKA: 31
TEXAS A&M: 35
Mar 5 8:50 PM
- NEBRASKA: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 5 8:10 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19