Duke earns comeback win over NC State, stays unbeatenJan 24, 2011 - 1:04 AM Raleigh, NC (Sports Network) - Chelsea Gray's layup with 12 seconds left in regulation gave No. 3 Duke a 65-64 comeback victory over N.C. State.
Jasmine Thomas scored 14 points to pace the Blue Devils (19-0, 5-0 ACC), who trailed by as many as 20 early in the second half before rallying to remain the nation's lone unbeaten team.
Marissa Kastanek and Kody Burke each had 14 points to lead the Wolfpack (9-10, 1-4), who have beaten Duke just once in the last 16 meetings.
N.C. State shot 14-of-27 from the field in the first half to jump out to a 40-22 lead at the break.
Burke opened the second-half scoring with a jumper for a 20-point cushion, but the Blue Devils had an answer.
Shay Selby's bucket capped a 10-2 run that cut the margin to 59-51 with just under six minutes left, and a 10-1 spurt a little later gave the visitors the lead, 63-62, on Krystal Thomas' layup with 1:56 showing.
Kastanek's two free throws with 29 seconds remaining put the hosts back on top, but Gray countered with a driving basket for the go-ahead score.
Kastanek then missed a straightaway three-pointer, and Bonae Holston was short on a putback as the time ran out.
- DUKE: 65
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 64
Jan 23 6:58 PM
- DUKE: 22
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 40
Jan 23 5:54 PM
- DUKE: 0
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 23 5:07 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4