UConn downs Georgetown in Big East quartersMar 6, 2011 - 10:29 PM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Stefanie Dolson scored a career-high 24 points to help No. 1 Connecticut take a 59-43 victory over 17th-ranked-Georgetown in the Big East quarterfinals.
Tiffany Hayes added 10 points for the Huskies (30-1), who will play Rutgers on Monday in the semifinals. Kelly Faris had nine points and 12 rebounds while Maya Moore had six points and 15 rebounds.
Since the loss to Stanford on December 30 that broke UConn's record 90-game winning streak, the team has been victorious in its past 18 games. The team has won 79 straight at home and 67 straight in the conference.
Sugar Rodgers scored 17 and grabbed six boards for the Hoyas (22-10), who shot just 22.9 percent from the floor.
UConn never trailed in this game and a 14-3 run put the team on top by a 21-10 score with 10 1/2 minutes left in the first half.
It was 37-17 after 20 minutes and Georgetown never threatened in the second half as the team went just 9-for-42 from the floor, including 3-of-18 from the three-point line.
- GEORGETOWN: 43
Mar 6 4:19 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 17
Mar 6 3:10 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 6 2:23 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2