Stanford tops Arizona, gains Pac-10 title gameMar 12, 2011 - 1:38 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike struck for 32 points and 10 rebounds as top-seed Stanford blitzed Arizona, 100-71, in a Pac-10 Tournament semifinal.
Chiney Ogwumike contributed 21 points and 13 boards while Kayla Pedersen totaled 16 points and seven assists for the second-ranked Cardinal (28-2), who will face UCLA in Saturday's final.
Soana Lucet scored 17 points for the Wildcats (21-11), whose five-game win streak came to an end. Ify Ibekwe added 15 and Davellyn Whyte posted 12 points in defeat.
The Cardinal raced out to a 15-5 lead and took a 45-24 edge to the break thanks to 53 percent shooting. Arizona was powerless to stop its conference rival, after connecting on just 9-of-32 shots in the opening 20 minutes.
- Arizona hires Barnes as next women's basketball coach Apr 4
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18