Baylor fends off Texas A&M to capture Big 12 titleMar 12, 2011 - 7:42 PM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored 31 points to help third-ranked Baylor rally past No. 8 Texas A&M, 61-58, in the Big 12 championship game.
Griner added eight rebounds and seven blocks for the top-seeded Lady Bears (31-2), who captured their third conference title. Kimetria Hayden had 10 points in the win.
Tyra White finished with 12 points and nine boards for second-seeded Texas A&M (27-5), which scored the game's first 12 points.
Baylor came back to grab a 23-18 lead and settled for a slim 30-28 advantage at the break.
The teams remained close throughout the second half, and Destiny Williams hit a jumper to put the Lady Bears up 61-56 with 1:49 remaining. The Aggies' Danielle Adams converted a jumper to trim the deficit to three inside the final minute.
After Williams missed the front end of a 1-and-1, Texas A&M had another opportunity to tie the game, but Adams' three-point bid was off the mark as time expired.
Adams posted 12 points and seven rebounds for Texas A&M, which made its fourth straight appearance in the Big 12 title game.
- TEXAS A&M: 58
Mar 12 2:06 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 28
Mar 12 12:58 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 12 12:10 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19