UCLA slips past Montana into the second roundMar 20, 2011 - 2:22 AM Spokane, WA (Sports Network) - Jasmine Dixon scored 15 points and pulled down nine rebounds to lead the UCLA Bruins to a 55-47 decision over the Montana Lady Griz in first round play of the Spokane Region of the NCAA Tournament at the McCarthey Athletic Center.
Rebekah Gardner and Doreena Campbell added 11 points apiece for the third- seeded Bruins (28-4), who will now battle sixth seed Gonzaga.
Alyssa Smith registered 14 points for Montana (18-15), while Kenzie De Boer committed 10 turnovers.
The Bruins went into intermission with a 26-17 lead after limiting Montana to a very weak 25.0 percent shooting effort over the first 20 minutes of action.
UCLA was able to hold on for the victory after shooting 42.1 percent from the floor in the second stanza.
The Bruins finished 20-of-33 from the foul line, while Montana made just 8- of-12 attempts from the charity stripe.
- MONTANA: 47
Mar 19 8:34 PM
- MONTANA: 17
Mar 19 7:26 PM
- MONTANA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 19 6:40 PM
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past No. 12 UCLA Feb 22