Wildcats claw their way to an overtime winMar 20, 2011 - 3:00 AM Albuquerque, NM (Sports Network) - Keyla Snowden scored 19 points to lead the Kentucky Wildcats to a 66-62 overtime victory over the Hampton Lady Pirates in the first round of the Spokane Region of the NCAA Tournament at The Pit.
Victoria Dunlap added a double-double of 13 points and 12 rebounds for the fourth-seeded Wildcats (25-8), who will now take on North Carolina.
Choicetta McMillan registered 19 points for Hampton (25-7), while Jericka Jenkins finished with 14 points. Quanneisha Perry posted a double-double of 12 points and 12 rebounds in the loss.
The Wildcats went into the break with a 32-26 lead after holding Hampton to just 35.7 percent shooting in the first half.
Kentucky, however, could not close the game out in regulation, as the team shot just 32.3 percent in the second stanza, allowing the Lady Pirates to force overtime.
In overtime the Wildcats connected on 5-of-6 free throw attempts, en route to the win.
- HAMPTON: 62
Final - OT
Mar 19 9:01 PM
- HAMPTON: 56
End of Regulation
Mar 19 8:42 PM
- HAMPTON: 26
Mar 19 7:36 PM
- HAMPTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 19 6:48 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18