Florida State crushes SamfordMar 21, 2011 - 1:47 AM Auburn, AL (Sports Network) - Cierra Bravard posted 23 points and 13 rebounds as the third-seeded Florida State Seminoles disposed of the 14th-seeded Samford Bulldogs by a 76-46 final in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Courtney Ward and Chelsea Davis tallied 13 points apiece for Florida State (24-7), which moves on to battle sixth-seeded Georgia in round two. The Seminoles also received 10 rebounds from Natasha Howard.
Emily London posted 14 points in the loss for Samford (25-8).
Ward hit four three-pointers in the first half to lead FSU to a 34-21 lead at intermission.
The Seminoles, who finished with a dominant 52-23 rebounding edge, cruised to victory in the second half.
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28