Baylor appears invincible in first-round winMar 21, 2011 - 2:12 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner posted 17 points, eight rebounds and six blocks to power the top-seeded Baylor Lady Bears to a 66-30 romp over the 16th-seeded Prairie View Lady Panthers in a lopsided first-round game of this 2011 NCAA Tournament.
Brooklyn Pope tallied 17 points as well for Baylor (32-2), which will clash with ninth-seeded West Virginia in the second round of this event.
Siarra Soliz managed 12 points in the loss for Prairie View (21-12).
The Lady Bears scored the game's first 16 points and led 34-8 at intermission, setting a record for the fewest points allowed in a half in women's NCAA Tournament history.
Baylor, which cruised to victory in the second half, earned a 15-3 advantage in points from the foul line in the lopsided affair.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17