No. 6 Texas A&M takes down No. 9 LouisvilleNov 15, 2011 - 11:19 PM College Station, TX (Sports Network) - Kelsey Bone scored 15 points and added nine rebounds as sixth-ranked Texas A&M easily handled No. 9 Louisville 76-58.
Sydney Carter added 14 points with eight steals while Tyra White dropped in 13 points for the defending national champion Aggies (2-0).
Bria Smith recorded a game-high 20 points in a losing effort for the Cardinals (1-1).
Texas A&M kicked off the game with an 8-0 run that was answered by a seven- point stretch by Louisville.
The Aggies were then able to extend their lead to 18-9 near the midpoint of the first half and led by as much as 13 before taking a 33-25 advantage into the break.
Texas A&M consistently held a double-digit lead through the first portion of the second half before Smith's layup with 13:10 left in regulation made it a 47-38 game.
But the Aggies reeled off five straight buckets capped by an Alexia Standish three-pointer to put Texas A&M on top 58-38 with 10:03 remaining.
The Cardinals would not close the gap any closer than 15 points for the rest of the game as Texas A&M ran away with it down the final stretch.
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17