UConn routs West VirginiaJan 5, 2012 - 3:19 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Bria Hartley led five players in double digits with 18 points, as No. 2 Connecticut remained unbeaten on the year and claimed its 93rd straight home victory with a 79-60 decision over West Virginia.
Kelly Faris totaled 14 points, five rebounds and five assists for the Huskies (12-0, 2-0 Big East), who travel to Notre Dame on Saturday.
Tiffany Hayes scored 13 points and Caroline Doty added 11 as Connecticut posted its 24th straight conference-opening victory.
Asya Bussie's game-high 19 points wasn't nearly enough for the Mountaineers (10-4, 1-1), whose three-game win streak came to an end.
Christal Caldwell poured in 17 points and grabbed seven boards and Brooke Hampton had 10 for West Virginia, which has lost 24 in a row to Connecticut.
The hosts only trailed after Caldwell hit the game's opening shot, and Taylor Palmer made 1-of-2 from the line for a 3-2 WVU edge. A 10-0 run from there provided a nine-point margin that grew to as much as nine before the Huskies took a 34-27 lead to intermission.
UConn shot 52 percent from the floor and was in control throughout the second half.
- WEST VIRGINIA: 60
Jan 4 9:18 PM
- WEST VIRGINIA: 27
Jan 4 8:05 PM
- WEST VIRGINIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 4 7:09 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2