Michigan hands Ohio State first lossJan 8, 2012 - 1:06 AM Ann Arbor, MI (Sports Network) - Courtney Boylan had team-highs of 19 points and six rebounds, helping Michigan hand No. 8 Ohio State its first loss with a 73-62 decision.
Sam Arnold and Rachel Sheffer chipped in 13 and 11 points, respectively, for the Wolverines (13-3, 2-1 Big Ten), who have won three straight against their Big Ten rivals and improved to 6-0 at Crisler Center this season.
Ohio State (15-1, 2-1), which was off to the best start in program history, shot just 37 percent from the field in falling for the first time.
Samantha Prahalis netted 17 points, while Tayler Hill added 15 in the setback.
Michigan led 32-27 at halftime and shot an efficient 17-of-21 from the foul line in the second half to seal the win.
- OHIO STATE: 62
Jan 7 6:58 PM
- OHIO STATE: 27
Jan 7 5:51 PM
- OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 7 5:09 PM
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Iowa women race past Michigan in Big Ten second round Mar 3
- No. 20 Michigan St outlasts No. 5 Ohio St 107-105 in 3 OTs Feb 27